Little Creatopians' World
Time & Location
About the Event
An all-rounded introductory program for children aged 3 – 6 years, where they will be exploring the foundation of arts – music, movement, art & presentation. In this weekly hourly class, the children will be exposed to these different art forms through fun, engaging activities, to cultivate their passion & interest for the various art forms.
Teacher to student ratio is maximum 1:4 per class. This is to ensure that your child will have the utmost attention from our teachers and helps to build up their confidence starting with a small, cosy group.
Activities your child will partake in the workshop:
- Getting to know each other in the group through fun and engaging games
- Engaging in a series of activities and games which require the use of imagination
- Awareness and ability to respond to feelings, sights, sounds and music around them
- Gross and fine motor skills development through music, art and movement activities
- Introduction to presenter skills through “Show and Tell”
WHY IS THIS BENEFICIAL TO MY CHILD:
“Art has the role in education of helping children become like themselves instead of more like everyone else.” Sydney Gurewitz Clemens
- Through the arts, children learn to observe, interpret, see things from different perspectives, analyze and develop their own unique point of view
- This unique point of view is what will help them apply critical thinking skills to whichever discipline they may end up in and excel in future
- Music – Helps children learn new words and concepts through songs. Music also helps them express themselves and learn about the different emotions through the song they hear. Studies have shown the use of music in early childhood helps to accelerate brain and language development, speech perception and reading skills.
- Movement – Essential for the development of strong hearts, muscle and bones. It helps with balance and coordination. It also helps with developing self awareness and learning non-verbal ways of communicating eg. hand gestures
- Arts – different art forms such as colouring, making crafts, painting etc helps to develop fine motor skills and creative expression.
- Show & Tell – helps to build up self-confidence to express their ideas to others. It also teaches the children how to speak clearly, loudly and effectively while making eye contact and develop good posture.
An actor, singer, emcee & wrestler — Shawnrick is a man of many talents. From hosting a wide range of shows such as weddings and outdoor carnivals to working with Universal Studio Singapore (USS) on a series of show segments such as the USS’s Rhythm Truck, he has been able to engage crowds of virtually any size, from groups of 10 to crowds of over 25,000 through his voice and performances. Fun-loving and bubbly, Shawnrick is well-liked by his audience and always seeks to deliver nothing but the best. With his creativity, skill sets and great showmanship, your kids are in for a fun yet enriching experience!
Cheryl is a vocal instructor with 9 years of professional singing experience. She possesses a Higher Diploma in Contemporary Vocal Teaching at The Voice College, UK and a certificate in Voice Disorders, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (NYC). Currently teaching in a music school, she is in a pursuit to help people from all walks of life with their personal development & well-being, and to offer cathartic experiences through the art of singing. With years of experience in coaching & music, trust that your kids will be in good hands!
Promo price $280 for class of 4
Single drop-in class $85
* A minimum of 4 participants are required to commence the class. We seek your kind understanding and apologise in advance if the workshop has to be re-scheduled or cancelled due to insufficient numbers & latest covid-19 regulations. Thank you.